Congratulations on your new puppy!
The best way to start your new relationship with your puppy is to attend puppy preschool. Here your puppy will learn essential socialisation skills with other puppies and people. Our qualified vet nurses teach the puppy preschool classes in our vet clinic so the puppies can have positive early experiences at the vets. There is lots of fun to be had and plenty of goodies to give away!
In our classes, you will learn about:
- Basic training: sit, stay, lie, down, come (recall), toilet training, leash training/walking to heel, and tricks!
- Common problem behaviours and how to prevent them: biting, barking, digging, chewing, jumping up, and many more.
- Vet care: desensitisation (getting your puppy used to everyday/scary things), nutrition/what not to feed, grooming/bathing, desexing, fleas and worms, vaccinations, dental care
Most importantly – the puppies get to play together and have heaps of fun!
The course consists of 4 evening classes from 6pm once per week (approximately 1 hour long).
Requirements to attend:
- Puppies must be 8–14 weeks of age
- Had their first vaccination
- Bring along a collar, leash and your puppy's favourite toys/treats for training motivation!
- We may ask you for a deposit to secure your place in the next class (due to high demand)
NB: you are more than welcome to bring more than one puppy (extra fee applies) and a friend depending on our seating capacity for that class. Please call us to inquire about dates/prices and register your puppy for our next class!
Phone 07 348 2152