Vetora Galatea, Permanent Position – Mixed Animal Veterinarian
Partner with farmers in a thriving rural community
Salary range: NZ$140,000 – NZ$170,000. This is preferably a FULL-TIME permanent position.
Vetora Galatea is one of FIVE clinics operated by Vetora BOP in the Bay of Plenty/Central Plateau region of the North Island. We are a ‘profit for purpose’ business owned by our 329 farmer members. We employ 78 staff, including a mix of 19 large and companion animal veterinarians.
Do you wish to:
- Work closely in partnership with farmers to look after some of their most important assets.
- Work and possibly live in a welcoming and thriving rural community, with a picturesque environment.
- Thrive in a mixed, predominantly dairy practice (95% of total workload) – with companion animals, equine, deer, sheep, and cattle to maintain general expertise and interest.
- Work with dairy herd sizes between 180–1200 cows and benefit from greater vet/herd owner contact.
- Enjoy a content, cooperative, and appreciative client base.
- Feel supported in a non-corporate clinic environment.
- Access approachable experienced vets for help and support, with referral practices readily available.
We can offer you:
- Flexible working rotation throughout the year, with little after hour caseload when on call, as well as time off in lieu of weekends worked.
- Attractive employment package, with encouragement for Continuous Professional Development (internally or post-grad), consultancy and special areas of interest, input into how the clinic is operated.
- Upfront relocation or benefits package.
- Fully equipped branded practice vehicle.
- The option to reside in rural Galatea or in the neighbouring centres of Rotorua or Whakatane.
- The opportunity to discuss options that would provide flexibility, lifestyle, and work-life balance.
- A position of some autonomy and management, through operating your own schedule and encouraging strong input into how the clinic is operated.
A little bit about Galatea and the Bay of Plenty:
Galatea is a friendly and inclusive rural community with world renowned trout fishing, hunting, and tramping on its doorstep. It is within commuting distance of Whakatane or Rotorua, each with excellent services, restaurants, bars, shopping, and unlimited recreational pursuits – from mountain to lake to sea. The region also offers an exceptional choice of primary and secondary schooling options for children.
Sounds great! How do I apply?
If you would like to join our team and live, work and further your career in one of the most beautiful regions of New Zealand, please contact: Mickey van der Merwe on email@example.com.
Vetora Bay of Plenty – Mixed and Large Animal Veterinarians
Vetora Bay of Plenty has Mixed and Large Animal Veterinarian positions available throughout our network of five clinics within the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato.
Do you wish to:
- Live close to glistening lakes, spectacular forests and amazing geothermal wonders.
- Work and live in a picturesque and unique rural environment.
- Benefit from world class outdoor activities like mountain biking, trail running, boating, swimming and fishing.
- Work in a mixed or large animal practice. Predominantly dairy with a sprinkling of small animals, equine, deer, sheep and cattle to maintain general expertise and interest.
- Work with our content, cooperative and appreciative client base.
- Work within a very supportive non-corporate clinic environment, with approachable experienced vets on hand for help and advice, and referral clinics readily available within our network.
- An attractive remuneration package, with encouragement for CPD, consultancy and special areas of interest.
- A flexible working rotation throughout the year, with manageable after hour caseload when on call and time off in lieu of weekends worked.
- Fully equipped Vetora BOP branded vehicle.
- The option of residing in Rotorua, Galatea or Whakatane.
- Health Insurance and Life Insurance.
- Subsidised Income Protection Insurance.
- Generous staff discounts.
A little bit about you:
- An experienced Veterinarian is preferred but a recent graduate with a good “can do” attitude may also apply.
- This is preferably a full-time position; however, we would also consider part time and/or job sharing as a possibility.
- You are committed to provide exceptional care to our farmers, members, clients and their animals.
- You have the ability to work autonomously yet understand the importance of collaboration and teamwork when it comes to optimal service delivery.
- You are available to work on A/H rotations.
Sounds great! How do I apply?
If you are interested in experiencing for yourself what our roles and region has to offer please contact Mickey van der Merwe on firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.