Corner of Marguerita St and White St,
P.O. Box 340,
Telephone: 07 348 2152
Fax: 07 348 2150
Monday, Wednesday 8.00am - 5.30pm
Tuesday, Thursday 8.00am - 6.30pm
Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm
Saturday 9.00am -1.00pm
Sunday 9.00am - 11.00am
Our purpose built Rotorua clinic is a true “mixed practice”. Our team caters to both production and companion animals and we are well equipped to deal with any issues ranging from vaccinations through to broken bones. On our Companion Animal side, as well as a full range of “routine surgeries” such as:
• Mass removals
• Abscesses or foreign bodies
we are able to perform extensive soft tissue and orthopaedic procedures such as:
• Fracture repairs
• Pig rips
• Cruicate surgeries
• And exploratory laparotomies
A dental procedure at Vetora can be anything from a routine scale and polish to remove tarter, to tooth extractions due to severe periodontal disease. In all cases this involves a carefully monitored general anaesthetic.
• Imaging (X-ray and Ultrasound). Our vets are trained and experienced at radiographic interpretation and are able to perform full radio graphic work ups including soft tissue examination.
• Microscopy, this enables us to perform in house cytology (lump differentiation) and urine sediment examination as part of a urinalysis.
• Blood analysis (we are fortunate enough to have the only in-house haematology and biochemistry machine in Rotorua) which means sick animals can be assessed very quickly.
Our Marguerita St Hospital has the luxury of separate individually temperature controlled Cat and Dog wards, equipped to house 24 and 17 animals respectively. Our animals are monitored throughout the day and checked throughout the night, by the nursing staff and the on-call vet. We are well equipped with a number of fluid pumps, ensuring safe overnight fluid therapy for patients, including those on constant rate infusions for pain management. We also have a separate isolation ward where contagious cases are placed, to ensure we mitigate transmission of infection from patient to patient.
Our qualified nurses are available for scheduled consults for a
range of routine procedures:
• Nail cilps
• Removal of sutures/staples
• Weight clinics
• Repeat injections
Our production animal team works closely with our neighbouring clinics and can provide a full range of services including reproductive, nutritional, general health planning services and advisory work.
We are all dedicated to the welfare of our clients and look forward to providing an excellent service.
E : firstname.lastname@example.org