Vetora Galatea is a mixed animal veterinary clinic that provides an extensive range of services for both farm and companion animals in the Galatea area and surrounds. Our friendly and dedicated veterinarians, technicians and support personnel are committed to providing the highest standard of care for all our patients and owners. Being centrally located within Galatea allows timely services to be provided for our clients 24/7.
Service offering for farm animals
- All aspects of veterinary dairy cattle work including disbudding, scanning, reproduction, lameness and fertility advisory services and management.
- Calving and metabolic assistance for dairy herds.
- In-house spore counting, milk cultures and pasture nitrate testing.
- The latest curved-linear ultrasounds scanners for bovine pregnancy testing.
- Large animal surgeries such as castrations, caesareans, cancer eye removals and gut surgery.
- Routine body condition scoring (BCS) of herds with Dairy NZ Certified Assessors.
- We have the benefit of utilising the expertise of our wider Vetora BOP network for providing In-calf advisors, Healthy Hoof advisors and Fonterra Mastitis accredited investigators.
- Provision for training courses for staff on spring 1st aid, lameness, and calf rearing.
- Teat-seal trailer service for heifers at grazing blocks.
- Hydraulic lameness crush for hoof trimming and lameness treatments of cattle.
Service offering for pets
- We provide all routine small animal procedures including vaccinations, microchipping, de-sexing, lump removals, abscesses, and dentistry.
- We also offer selective soft tissue surgical procedures including pig rips and caesareans.
- Latest in-house diagnostic services such as digital X-rays, microscopy, and blood analysis.